In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

 One time when I overthought or doubted myself was when I took my final exams last year. They were not very hard but I kept overthinking the problems and ending out switching my answers which made me get a worse grade. I think if I just go with my gut and the first answer I get I will do better on my test. I will apply this method when I take all my test this year and hopefully get a better grades this year.

Today in class we read another poem by Emily Dickinson.

In class today I learned more about Emily Dickinson. One thing I learned and reflected on is how she never got famous until she was dead, I can reflect on this to express my work and let it be known while I'm alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.

In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you?