In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?

 One time when my heart and mind wanted to do two things was when I chose to go to Spain with my friend instead of going to Italy with my family. We were going at the exact same time and my heart was saying I should go with my family but I decided to go with my friend instead. In this situation my mind and heart thought different and I ultimately decided on going with my mind.

One thing we started in class today was our heart vs mind assignment on Emily Dickson's poem.

I can use this assignment we started today to learn about my heart and mind. Using this information I can apply it to my life when making hard decisions in topics like relationships and what's good for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.

In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you?