Emily struggles with letting go of people throughout her life, and the ending reveals the extreme length she went to in order to keep Homer with her. Why do you think some people have such a difficult time accepting loss or change? Connect Emily’s actions to your own observations or experiences with people struggling to let go.

 I think people have hard times accepting losses and changes because they are so attached to the thing they have to change from or forget. For example if you were in a relationship for a very long and it ended it is very hard to change and forget about your partner. Another example is if you have siblings and one of them died in a freak accident unexpectedly it would be very hard to accept that loss for me and I think I can speak for other people saying it would be very hard to get over that memory.

Today in class we went over the story " A Rose For Emily."

I can reflect on the story "A Rose For Emily." I can use the information I learned from this story to help me get over struggles in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.

In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you?