In “The Rockpile,” the children know that the rockpile is dangerous and that they are supposed to stay away from it, but curiosity still draws them toward it. Think about a time when curiosity or temptation caused you to ignore a warning or rule. What happened, and what did you learn from the experience?

One time when curiosity got the best of me and caused me to ignore a warning was when I was in Colorado. There was a warning sign telling people not to go past a certain point, but I climbed over it because I wanted to see a view that I would not have been able to see otherwise. While I was there, I slipped and fell, hurting my ankle. When I got back, my parents reprimanded me for ignoring the warning. This experience taught me that sometimes curiosity can lead to bad decisions and that warnings are there for a reason.

Today in class we read the short story "The Rockpile.

I can reflect on this experience by listening to signs of warning. And not letting curiosity get the best of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.

In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you?