In A Worn Path, Phoenix faces several obstacles as she makes her way toward her destination, but she continues because she has an important reason for completing her journey. Think about a time when you had to travel somewhere or work through obstacles to reach a destination or goal. What challenges did you face along the way? Was the journey worth it in the end? Explain why or why not.

 One time where I had to travel through obstacles and events to reach my goal was sophomore year of high school. I had a goal of at least 5 A's in all of my classes at the end of the school year, and it was challenging. I had to balance school with work and sports trying to keep my grades up. In the end I succeeded in my goal and passed with 6 A's accomplishing my goal.

In class today we finished the story "A Worn Path". We also started a new assignment on the story.

I can reflect on this story by always challenging myself to accomplish my goals. No matter how hard it is to succeed and never give up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.

In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you?